Amyloid β Peptide (25-35) (human) (ab120480)
- Product nameAmyloid β Peptide (25-35) (human)
- DescriptionHighly toxic amyloid β protein fragment
- Biological descriptionHighly toxic, synthetic peptide fragment of the amyloid β protein. Displays extremely rapid aggregation and enhanced neurotoxicity. Increases oxidative stress, causes neuronal damage and decreases spatial memory in rats.
- Purity> 95%
- Chemical nameGSNKGAIIGLM
- Molecular Weight1060.27
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC45H81N13O14S
- CAS Number131602-53-4
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Amyloid β Peptide (25-35) (human) (ab120480)
This product has been referenced in:
- Limón ID et al. Amyloid-beta(25-35) impairs memory and increases NO in the temporal cortex of rats. Neurosci Res 63:129-37 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19084561) »
- Millucci L et al. Rapid aggregation and assembly in aqueous solution of A beta (25-35) peptide. J Biosci 34:293-303 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19550045) »
- Hughes E et al. Inhibition of toxicity in the beta-amyloid peptide fragment beta -(25-35) using N-methylated derivatives: a general strategy to prevent amyloid formation. J Biol Chem 275:25109-15 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10825171) »