Angiopoietin 1 (ANG1) Human ELISA Kit (ab99972)
- Product nameAngiopoietin 1 (ANG1) Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 30 pg/ml
- Range74 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
< 95 %
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.25 83% - 105% Serum 94.47 81% - 103% Plasma 93.93 80% - 102%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Angiopoietin 1 (ANG1) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Angiopoietin 1 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Angiopoietin 1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Angiopoietin 1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Angiopoietin 1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Angiopoietin 1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Angiopoietin 1 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human Angiopoietin 1 2 vials Recombinant Angiopoietin 1 Standard Human 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceAngiopoietin 1 is one of the Angiopoietin (Ang) family of growth factors. It binds and activates the TIE2 receptor tyrosine kinase by inducing its tyrosine phosphorylation. It is implicated in endothelial developmental processes later and distinct from that of VEGF. The structure of angiopoietin 1 differs from that of known angiogenic factors or other ligands for receptor tyrosine kinases. Angiopoietin 1 appears to play a crucial role in mediating reciprocal interactions between the endothelium and surrounding matrix and mesenchyme. It also mediates blood vessel maturation/stability and it may play an important role in the heart early development. Angiopoietin 1 may have a potential therapeutic utility since it can be used for specifically targeting tumor vasculature or for promoting angiogenic processes in certain organs such as an ischemic heart.
- AGP 1
- ANG 1
- ANGPT 1
- SwissProt: Q15389 Human
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99972 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Angiopoietin 1 (ANG1) Human ELISA Kit images
TYPICAL STANDARD CURVE - Assay DIluent A – Data provided for demonstration purposes only. A new standard curve must be generated for each assay performed.
TYPICAL STANDARD CURVE - Assay Diluent B – Data provided for demonstration purposes only. A new standard curve must be generated for each assay performed.
References for Angiopoietin 1 (ANG1) Human ELISA Kit (ab99972)
ab99972 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.