Anti-Angiopoietin 2 antibody (ab64015)
- Product nameAnti-Angiopoietin 2 antibodySee all Angiopoietin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Angiopoietin 2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 450 to the C-terminus of Human Angiopoietin 2.
(Peptide available as ab99482.)
- Positive control
- This antibogy gave a positive signal in the following human tissue lysates: Ovary; Cervix; Placenta; Lung.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64015 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Angiopoietin 2 peptide (ab99482).|
- FunctionCan induce tyrosine phosphorylation of TIE2. Binds to TIE2 receptor and counteracts blood vessel maturation/stability mediated by angiopoietin-1. Its function may be context-dependent. In the absence of angiogenic inducers, such as VEGF, ANG2-mediated loosening of cell-matrix contacts may induce endothelial cell apoptosis with consequent vascular regression. In concert with VEGF, it may facilitate endothelial cell migration and proliferation, thus serving as a permissive angiogenic signal.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 fibrinogen C-terminal domain.
- DomainThe Fibrinogen C-terminal domain mediates interaction with the TEK/TIE2 receptor.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Entrez Gene: 282141 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 607616 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 285 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11601 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 396730 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 89805 Rat
- Omim: 601922 Human
- SwissProt: O77802 Cow
- SwissProt: A0A8J8 Dog
- SwissProt: O15123 Human
- SwissProt: O35608 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9BDY7 Pig
- SwissProt: O35462 Rat
- Unigene: 583870 Human
- Unigene: 439874 Mouse
- Unigene: 138360 Rat
- AGPT 2 antibody
- Agpt2 antibody
- ANG 2 antibody
- ANG-2 antibody
- ANG2 antibody
- Angiopoietin 2a antibody
- Angiopoietin 2B antibody
- Angiopoietin-2 antibody
- Angiopoietin2 antibody
- ANGP2_HUMAN antibody
- ANGPT 2 antibody
- ANGPT2 antibody
- Tie2 ligand antibody
Anti-Angiopoietin 2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Angiopoietin 2 antibody (ab64015) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Ovary (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30222)
Lane 2 :
Cervix (Human) Whole Cell Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29226)
Lane 3 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 4 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Observed band size : 57 kDa
Additional bands at : 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-Angiopoietin 2 antibody (ab64015)
ab64015 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.