AOS1+UBA2 full length protein (ab3804)
- Product nameAOS1+UBA2 full length protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3804 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Biological activityThe final fraction of enzyme contains two single polypeptide bands of 38 kDa and 80 kDa.
- Additional Notes
This product can be used as part of an assay for sumoylation activity. Human Aos 1 + Uba 2 (ab3804), Ubc 9 (ab3803) and Sumo 1 (ab3801) can be used to promote in vitro sumoylation of a sumoylation marker (human Topoisomerase I protein fragment) (ab3828). The reaction products can be detected using our Sumo 1 (ab3819 and ab3824) and Topoisomerase I (ab3825) antibodies. Sumoylation assays are carried out in a final volume of 20µl in reaction conditions (20 mM Hepes pH 7.5, 5mM MgCl2, 2mM ATP). Sumoylation Protocol: 1. Prepare a suitable purified substrate protein. (For the control, use 2µl Topoisomerase I marker for each reaction.) 2. In each reaction, add 4µl E2 to substrate first, then 2µl Sumo 1, 2µl 10x reaction buffer, 2µl E1. Finally, add H2O to bring up to 20µl. We would recommend adding fresh 2mM ATP to be sure that sufficient energy is supplied. 3. The best reaction concentration of proteins is as following: Aos 1 + Uba 2: 7.5µg/ml. Ubc 9: 50µg/ml. SUMO 1: 50µg/ml. For the control assay we recommend running the assay at 37ºC for 30-60 minutes. 4. Detect the reaction products by Western blot using a suitable antibody. For the control reaction use 1/1000 dilution of the supplied Topoisomerase I antibody. Four sumoylated bands should be seen on the gel for the control reaction. This assay has been shown to work with crude extracts. Be aware that Uba 2 contains his-rich regions which might cross-react with antibodies against the 6x-His epitope tag. During western analysis with anti-6x-His antibodies, Uba 2 at 80 kDa might be shown.The final fraction of enzyme contains two single polypeptide bands of 38 kDa and 80 kDa.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
10 mM Tris-Cl, pH 7.5, 100 mM NaCl, 100 mM imidazole, 0.5 mM PMSF, 1 mM DTT, and 10 % glycerol
- Aos 1
- SAE I
- SAE II
- SUMO 1 activating enzyme subunit 1
- SUMO1 activating enzyme subunit 2
- Uba 2
- Ubiquitin like protein activating enzyme
- Ubiquitin-like 1-activating enzyme E1A
- Ubiquitin-like 1-activating enzyme E1B
- RelevanceE1-SUMO protein is a heterodimer consisted of human AOS1 and UBA2. The dimeric enzyme acts as a E1 ligase for SUMO1, SUMO2, SUMO3, and probably SUMO4. It mediates ATP-dependent activation of SUMO proteins and formation of a thioester with a conserved cysteine residue on SAE2.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
AOS1+UBA2 full length protein images
Left Lane: Topo I protein (Topo I fragment: ab3828)
Note: Topo I is S35-Met labeled.
References for AOS1+UBA2 full length protein (ab3804)
ab3804 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.