For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 4 antibody
See all Aquaporin 4 primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 4
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
ICC/IF, WBmore details
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
N-CTKGSYMEVEDNRSQVETED , corresponding to C terminal amino acids 273-291 of Rat Aquaporin 4 (NP_036957.1).
- Positive control
- Rat kidney lysate; Rat kidney tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
- Compatible Secondaries
- Positive Controls
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/200 - 1/400.
||1/1000 - 1/4000. Predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa.
- FunctionForms a water-specific channel. Osmoreceptor which regulates body water balance and mediates water flow within the central nervous system.
- Tissue specificityBrain - muscle >> heart, kidney, lung, and trachea.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC at Ser-180 reduces conductance by 50%. Phosphorylation by PKG at Ser-111 in response to glutamats increases conductance by 40%.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
Information by UniProt
- AQP 4 antibody
- AQP-4 antibody
- AQP4 antibody
Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody images
Western blot - Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab125049)
All lanes : Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab125049) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat kidney lysate
Lane 2 : Rat kidney lysate
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence - Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab125049)
ab125049, at 1/200 dilution, staining Aquaporin 4 in Rat kidney tissue by Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-Aquaporin 4 antibody (ab125049)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"