(Arg8)-Vasopressin (AVP) (ab120175)
- Product name(Arg8)-Vasopressin (AVP)
- DescriptionVasopressin receptor agonist
- Biological descriptionEndogenous peptide neurotransmitter, involved in water regulation and vasodepression.
- Purity> 95%
- Chemical nameCYFQNCPRG-NH2 disulfide bridge 1-6
- Molecular Weight1084.23
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC46H65N15O12S2
- CAS Number113-79-1
- PubChem identifier8230
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for (Arg8)-Vasopressin (AVP) (ab120175)
This product has been referenced in:
- Azuma N et al. Effects of [Arg8]-vasopressin on regional cerebral blood flow in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 25:193-7 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12743623) »
- Birnbaumer M Vasopressin receptors. Trends Endocrinol Metab 11:406-10 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 11091117) »
- Schrier RW et al. Cellular action and interactions of arginine vasopressin in vascular smooth muscle: mechanisms and clinical implications. J Am Soc Nephrol 4:2-11 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 8400065) »