ATP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) (ab83355)
- Product nameATP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric)See all ATP kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity< 1 µM
- Assay time1h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
- Product overview
Abcam's ATP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) is designed to be a robust, simple method which utilizes the phosphorylation of glycerol to generate a product that is easily quantified by colorimetric (λmax = 570 nm) or fluorometric (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm) methods.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
ATP is the primary energy currency of living systems. Virtually all energy requiring processes utilize the chemical energy stored in the phosphate bond of ATP. ATP is formed exclusively in the mitochondria and a variety of genetic diseases can affect ATP formation in the mitochondria.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests ATP Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml ATP Converter (lyophilized) Blue 1 vial ATP Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl ATP Standard (1 µmol; lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial Developer Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial
- RelevanceATP (Adenosine-5'-triphosphate) is a multifunctional nucleotide that is most important in intracellular energy transfer. Cell death (especially apoptosis) is an energy-dependent process that requires ATP. As ATP levels fall to a point where the cell can no longer perform basic metabolic functions, the cell will die. A typical apoptotic cell exhibits a significant decrease in ATP level. Therefore, loss of ATP level in cells has been used as an indicator of cell death. In contrast, cell proliferation has been recognized by increased levels of ATP.
- Adenosine 5' triphosphate
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83355 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ATP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) images
Example of colorimetric ATP assay standard curve.
Example of fluorometric ATP assay standard curve.
References for ATP Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric) (ab83355)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mayeur S et al. Maternal calorie restriction modulates placental mitochondrial biogenesis and bioenergetic efficiency: putative involvement in fetoplacental growth defects in rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E14-22 (2013). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 23092912) »
- Nikam A et al. Transition between acute and chronic hepatotoxicity in mice is associated with impaired energy metabolism and induction of mitochondrial heme oxygenase-1. PLoS One 8:e66094 (2013). Functional Studies ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23762471) »