For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesIon exchange chromatography. Purity is tested by electrophoresis.
- Clone numberA7B5
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use at an assay dependent dilution.
||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.
- FunctionThe biological function of avidin is not known. Forms a strong non-covalent specific complex with biotin (one molecule of biotin per subunit of avidin).
- Tissue specificitySynthesized in hen oviduct and concentrated in egg white (where it represent 0.05% of the total protein).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the avidin/streptavidin family.
Contains 1 avidin-like domain.
modificationsN-linked glycan at Asn-41 consists of GlcNAc(beta1-2)Man(alpha1-3)[GlcNAc(beta1-4)][Man(alpha1-?)Man(alpha1-6)] Man(beta1-4)GlcNAc(beta1-4)GlcNAc.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
- AVD antibody
- AVID_CHICK antibody
- Avidin antibody
- LOC396260 antibody
References for Anti-Avidin antibody [A7B5] (ab19507)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"