Anti-B MyB antibody (ab12296)
- Product nameAnti-B MyB antibodySee all B MyB primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to B MyB
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide derived from within residues 500 - 600 of Human B MyB.
- Positive control
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Human B MyB full length protein
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 Whole Cell Lysate Transiently Overexpressing B-Myb
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12296 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab12296 was tested in ICC/IF on HeLa cells (1/100, 1/200, 1/500) and gave high background staining. It appears the antibody may not work in this application.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscription factor involved in the regulation of cell survival, proliferation, and differentiation. Transactivates the expression of the CLU gene.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 HTH myb-type DNA-binding domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2 during S-phase. Phosphorylation at Thr-520 is probably involved in transcriptional activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- B-Myb antibody
- BMyB antibody
- MGC15600 antibody
- MYB L2 antibody
- Myb related protein B antibody
- Myb-like protein 2 antibody
- Myb-related protein B antibody
- MybB antibody
- MYBB_HUMAN antibody
- MYBL 2 antibody
- Mybl2 antibody
- v myb avian myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog like 2 antibody
- v myb myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog (avian) like 2 antibody
- v myb myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog like 2 antibody
Anti-B MyB antibody images
Predicted band size : 79 kDa
Exposure time : 10 minutes
A: 293 HEK cells were transfected with negative control cDNA (pcDNA3 vector) or human B-Myb cDNA.
B: negative control cDNA (pcDNA3 vector) or human B-Myb cDNA were in vitro translated in rabbit reticulocyte lysate.
A band corresponding to B-Myb was detected (arrow) in all lanes except negative control lanes.
ab12296 dilution: 200 µg/ml. Exposure was for 10 minutes.
Michael Korenja and Alexander Brehm
Anti-B MyB antibody (ab12296) at 1 µg/ml + HEK293 Wcl Transiently Overexpressing B-Myb at 5 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 79 kDa
Observed band size : 98 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 45 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
References for Anti-B MyB antibody (ab12296)
This product has been referenced in:
- Heinrichs S et al. MYBL2 is a sub-haploinsufficient tumor suppressor gene in myeloid malignancy. Elife 2:e00825 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23878725) »
- Chandra S et al. Enhancement of c-Myc degradation by BLM helicase leads to delayed tumor initiation. J Cell Sci 126:3782-95 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23750012) »