BACE2 peptide (ab41290)
- Product nameBACE2 peptideSee all BACE2 proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, Cytoplasmic domain
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41290 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- ALP 56
- Asp 1
- Aspartic Like Protease 56kDa
- Aspartic-like protease 56 kDa
- Aspartyl protease 1
- BACE 2
- Beta Secretase 2
- Beta Site Amyloid Beta A4 Precursor Protein Cleaving Enzyme 2
- Beta-secretase 2
- Beta-site amyloid precursor protein cleaving enzyme 2
- Beta-site APP cleaving enzyme 2
- Down region aspartic protease
- Downs Syndrome Region Aspartic Protease
- Memapsin 1
- Membrane associated aspartic protease 1
- Membrane-associated aspartic protease 1
- FunctionResponsible for the proteolytic processing of the amyloid precursor protein (APP). Cleaves APP, between residues 690 and 691, leading to the generation and extracellular release of beta-cleaved soluble APP, and a corresponding cell-associated C-terminal fragment which is later released by gamma-secretase. It has also been shown that it can cleave APP between residues 671 and 672.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Present in neurons within the hippocampus, frontal cortex and temporal cortex (at protein level). Expressed at low levels in most peripheral tissues and at higher levels in colon, kidney, pancreas, placenta, prostate, stomach and trachea. Expressed at low levels in the brain. Found in spinal cord, medulla oblongata, substantia nigra and locus coruleus. Expressed in the ductal epithelium of both normal and malignant prostate.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase A1 family.
modificationsUndergoes autoproteolytic cleavage.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Golgi apparatus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Endosome. Cell surface.
References for BACE2 peptide (ab41290)
ab41290 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.