Anti-BACH1/BRIP1 antibody (ab3502)
- Product nameAnti-BACH1/BRIP1 antibodySee all BACH1/BRIP1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BACH1/BRIP1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: SKDFTNNDMNQGT, corresponding to amino acids 92-104 of Human BACH 1.
- General notesExpiration date is one (1) year from date of opening.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium Chloride, 0.02M Potassium Phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis is an affinity purified antibody produced by immunoaffinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide after immobilization to a solid phase.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3502 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 105 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa).|
- FunctionDNA-dependent ATPase and 5' to 3' DNA helicase required for the maintenance of chromosomal stability. Acts late in the Fanconi anemia pathway, after FANCD2 ubiquitination. Involved in the repair of DNA double-strand breaks by homologous recombination in a manner that depends on its association with BRCA1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed, with highest levels in testis.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in BRIP1 are a cause of susceptibility to breast cancer (BC) [MIM:114480]. A common malignancy originating from breast epithelial tissue. Breast neoplasms can be distinguished by their histologic pattern. Invasive ductal carcinoma is by far the most common type. Breast cancer is etiologically and genetically heterogeneous. Important genetic factors have been indicated by familial occurrence and bilateral involvement. Mutations at more than one locus can be involved in different families or even in the same case.
Defects in BRIP1 are the cause of Fanconi anemia complementation group J (FANCJ) [MIM:609054]. It is a disorder affecting all bone marrow elements and resulting in anemia, leukopenia and thrombopenia. It is associated with cardiac, renal and limb malformations, dermal pigmentary changes, and a predisposition to the development of malignancies. At the cellular level it is associated with hypersensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, chromosomal instability (increased chromosome breakage) and defective DNA repair.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DEAD box helicase family. DEAH subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
- Domain4Fe-4S iron-sulfur-binding is required for helicase activity (PubMed:20639400).
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation is necessary for interaction with BRCA1, and is cell-cycle regulated.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ATP dependent RNA helicase BRIP1 antibody
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase BRIP1 antibody
- BACH 1 antibody
- BACH 1 antibody
- BRAC 1 Associated C Terminal Helicase 1 antibody
- BRCA 1 Interacting Protein 1 antibody
- BRCA1 binding helicase like protein BACH1 antibody
- BRCA1 interacting protein C terminal helicase 1 antibody
- BRCA1-associated C-terminal helicase 1 antibody
- BRCA1-interacting protein 1 antibody
- BRCA1-interacting protein C-terminal helicase 1 antibody
- BRCA1/BRCA2 associated helicase 1 antibody
- BRIP 1 antibody
- BRIP1 antibody
- FANCJ antibody
- FANCJ_HUMAN antibody
- Fanconi anemia group J protein antibody
- FLJ90232 antibody
- MGC126521 antibody
- MGC126523 antibody
- OF antibody
- Protein FACJ antibody
Anti-BACH1/BRIP1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-BACH1/BRIP1 antibody (ab3502) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : 293 whole cell lysate with peptide immunogen
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
IRDye 800 conjugated Goat-anti-Rabbit IgG [H&L] at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 140 kDa
Observed band size : 105 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-BACH1/BRIP1 antibody (ab3502)
ab3502 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.