BAD (pS112) PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119617)
- Product nameBAD (pS112) PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts
- Assay typeSemi-quantitative
- Sensitivity5000 cells/well
- Range5000 cells/well - 80000 cells/well
- Assay time2h 0m
- Assay durationOne step assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
- Product overview
PhosphoTracer assays use a traditional immuno-sandwich format, but with a major difference both the analyte and the assay reagents are added to the PhosphoTracer assay microplate at the same time. After a short incubation period, unbound assay reagents and analytes are washed away, and immuno-complexes containing both antibodies are detected. The process can take as little as 60 minutes to complete.
PhosphoTracer kits also allow a higher degree of assay flexibility. In contrast to other ELISA formats, no antibodies are present on the assay microplate itself, so assays for several different targets can be performed in different wells on the same microplate. Simply mix the lysate with your target reagents of choice, using the microplate configuration of your choice.
A whole new way of performing cellular assays, PhosphoTracer takes the hard work out of running a standard ELISA, while still giving the high quality results expected from a sandwich immunoassay. Fully self-contained kits are supplied in convenient 96-well packs. Simple to use and highly sensitive PhosphoTracer kits are designed to get results, fast.
Abcam's PhosphoTracer BAD (pSer112) ELISA kits are for the detection of endogenous and transfected levels of BAD (GenBank Accession NP_004313) in cellular lysates. Phospho-BAD assay kits only detect BAD when phosphorylated at Ser112.
The substrate used with the HRP conjugated detection antibody is a combination of 10-Acetyl-3,7-dihydroxyphenoxazine (ADHP) (wavelength exc/em = 530-540nm / 590-600nm), a highly sensitive and stable substrate for HRP) and ADHP Dilution Buffer (a stabilized H2O2 solution). Learn more about the fluorogenic substrate, ADHP.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 96-well PhosphoTracer assay plate (stripwell) 1 unit Adherent plate seal 2 units ADHP (100X) 1 x 120µl ADHP Dilution Buffer 1 x 15ml Assay Control Lysate (lyophilized) 1 x 0.25ml Enhancer Solution 1 x 1ml Goat polyclonal Phospho-BAD (Ser112) (96 assay points) 1 x 3ml Lysis Buffer (5X) 1 x 15ml Mouse monoclonal BAD (HRP) (96 assay points) 1 x 3ml Stop Solution 1 x 2ml Wash Buffer (10X) 1 x 15ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionPromotes cell death. Successfully competes for the binding to Bcl-X(L), Bcl-2 and Bcl-W, thereby affecting the level of heterodimerization of these proteins with BAX. Can reverse the death repressor activity of Bcl-X(L), but not that of Bcl-2 (By similarity). Appears to act as a link between growth factor receptor signaling and the apoptotic pathways.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or more of Ser-75, Ser-99, Ser-118 and Ser-134 in response to survival stimuli, which blocks its pro-apoptotic activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-99 or Ser-75 promotes heterodimerization with 14-3-3 proteins. This interaction then facilitates the phosphorylation at Ser-118, a site within the BH3 motif, leading to the release of Bcl-X(L) and the promotion of cell survival. Ser-99 is the major site of AKT/PKB phosphorylation, Ser-118 the major site of protein kinase A (CAPK) phosphorylation. Ser-75 is phosphorylated by AKT/PKB, protein kinase A and PIM2.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Cytoplasm. Upon phosphorylation, locates to the cytoplasm.
- BCL X/BCL 2 binding protein
- Bcl-2-binding component 6
- Bcl-2-like protein 8
- Bcl-XL/Bcl-2-associated death promoter
- Bcl2 antagonist of cell death
- BCL2 antagonist of cell death protein
- BCL2 associated agonist of cell death
- BCL2 binding component 6
- BCL2 binding protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119617 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA. Tested in PC3|
BAD (pS112) PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit images
Detection of BAD (pS112) in PC3 cells treated with various concentrations of UCN-01, using ab119617.
References for BAD (pS112) PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119617)
ab119617 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.