Anti-Bax [2D2] antibody (ab16119)
- Product nameAnti-Bax [2D2] antibodySee all Bax primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D2] to Bax
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Bax aa 1-16 (N terminal).
Database link: Q07812
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.08% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAffinity Purified
- Purification notesPurified by protein A/G Chromatography
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2D2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16119 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
- FunctionAccelerates programmed cell death by binding to, and antagonizing the apoptosis repressor BCL2 or its adenovirus homolog E1B 19k protein. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes translocation to the mitochondrion membrane, leading to the release of cytochrome c that then triggers apoptosis. Promotes activation of CASP3, and thereby apoptosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a wide variety of tissues. Isoform Psi is found in glial tumors. Isoform Alpha is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, colon and brain, and at low levels in skin and lung. Isoform Sigma is expressed in spleen, breast, ovary, testis, lung, colon, brain and at low levels in skin. Isoform Alpha and isoform Sigma are expressed in pro-myelocytic leukemia, histiocytic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma, lymphoblastic leukemia, breast adenocarcinoma, ovary adenocarcinoma, prostate carcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma, lung carcinoma, epidermoid carcinoma, small cell lung carcinoma and colon adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm and Mitochondrion membrane. Cytoplasm. Colocalizes with 14-3-3 proteins in the cytoplasm. Under stress conditions, undergoes a conformation change that causes release from JNK-phosphorylated 14-3-3 proteins and translocation to the mitochondrion membrane.
- apoptosis regulator BAX antibody
- Apoptosis regulator BAX cytoplasmic isoform beta antibody
- Apoptosis regulator BAX membrane isoform alpha antibody
- BAX antibody
- Bax isoform psi antibody
- BAX protein cytoplasmic isoform delta antibody
- Bax protein cytoplasmic isoform delta. antibody
- Bax protein cytoplasmic isoform gamma antibody
- Bax zeta antibody
- Bax-protein antibody
- BAX_HUMAN antibody
- Bcl-2-like protein 4 antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein omega antibody
- BCL2 associated X protein transcript variant delta2 antibody
- Bcl2-L-4 antibody
- BCL2L4 antibody
References for Anti-Bax [2D2] antibody (ab16119)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brito PM et al. Resveratrol disrupts peroxynitrite-triggered mitochondrial apoptotic pathway: a role for Bcl-2. Apoptosis 13:1043-53 (2008). WB ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 18584328) »