For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesWB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa.
Detection Antibody Pair.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCatalyzes the first reaction in the catabolism of the essential branched chain amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
- Tissue specificityDuring embryogenesis, expressed in the brain and kidney. Overexpressed in MYC-induced tumors such as Burkitt's lymphoma.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class-IV pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- BCAT antibody
- BCAT(c) antibody
- Bcat1 antibody
Anti-BCAT1 antibody images
Western blot - BCAT1 antibody (ab67123)
All lanes : Anti-BCAT1 antibody (ab67123) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : BCAT1 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg/ml per lane.
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate at 1/25 dilution
Observed band size : 35 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-BCAT1 antibody (ab67123)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"