Bcl-2 Human ELISA Kit (ab119506)
- Product nameBcl-2 Human ELISA KitSee all BCL2 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 8.6%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity0.5 ng/ml
- Range0.5 ng/ml - 32 ng/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Bcl-2 Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human Bcl-2 concentrations in cell lysates, serum and plasma.
Bcl-2 specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and along with a Bcl-2 biotinylated detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. Following washing with wash buffer a Streptavidin-HRP conjugate is added to each well, incubated at room temperature and then unbound conjugates are washed away using wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Bcl-2 amount of sample captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 4 units Biotin-Conjugate anti-human Bcl-2 monoclonal antibody 1 x 100µl Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl Green-Dye 1 x 400µl Human Bcl-2 Standard lyophilized (64 ng/mL upon reconstitution) 2 vials Lysis Buffer (10x) 1 x 15ml Monoclonal anti-human Bcl2-coated microwell plate 1 unit Red-Dye 1 x 400µl Sample Diluent 1 x 12ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionSuppresses apoptosis in a variety of cell systems including factor-dependent lymphohematopoietic and neural cells. Regulates cell death by controlling the mitochondrial membrane permeability. Appears to function in a feedback loop system with caspases. Inhibits caspase activity either by preventing the release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria and/or by binding to the apoptosis-activating factor (APAF-1).
- Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tissues.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving BCL2 has been found in chronic lymphatic leukemia. Translocation t(14;18)(q32;q21) with immunoglobulin gene regions. BCL2 mutations found in non-Hodgkin lymphomas carrying the chromosomal translocation could be attributed to the Ig somatic hypermutation mechanism resulting in nucleotide transitions.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
- DomainThe BH4 motif is required for anti-apoptotic activity and for interaction with RAF-1.
modificationsPhosphorylation/dephosphorylation on Ser-70 regulates anti-apoptotic activity. Growth factor-stimulated phosphorylation on Ser-70 by PKC is required for the anti-apoptosis activity and occurs during the G2/M phase of the cell cycle. In the absence of growth factors, BCL2 appears to be phosphorylated by other protein kinases such as ERKs and stress-activated kinases. Dephosphorylated by protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A).
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during apoptosis. The cleaved protein, lacking the BH4 motif, has pro-apoptotic activity, causes the release of cytochrome c into the cytosol promoting further caspase activity.
Monoubiquitinated by PARK2, leading to increase its stability.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion outer membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Apoptosis regulator Bcl-2
- B cell CLL/lymphoma 2
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 50
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Bcl-2 Human ELISA Kit (ab119506)
ab119506 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.