Anti-BDNF antibody (ab27932)
- Product nameAnti-BDNF antibodySee all BDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to BDNF
- SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with other neurotrophic factors.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, Neutralising, ICC, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 50µg/ml Gentamicin Sulfate
Constituents: 0.1M Sodium chloride, 0.01M Potassium phosphate
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>90% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified using the EGGstract® IgY Purification System.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27932 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC: Use at a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml; methanol fixed: 1 - 10 µg/ml.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 28 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDuring development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
- Tissue specificityBrain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta.
- Involvement in diseaseCongenital central hypoventilation syndrome
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NGF-beta family.
modificationsThe propeptide is N-glycosylated and glycosulfated.
Converted into mature BDNF by plasmin (PLG).
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Abrineurin antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF antibody
- BDNF_HUMAN antibody
- Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibody
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor antibody
- MGC34632 antibody
- Neurotrophin antibody
References for Anti-BDNF antibody (ab27932)
ab27932 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.