Anti-Beclin 1 antibody (ab16998)
- Product nameAnti-Beclin 1 antibodySee all Beclin 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Beclin 1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide (Human) (Internal sequence within residues 1-100).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 5mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16998 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/50 - 1/200.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).
1/100 (lot A), 1/2000-1/5000 (current lot).
This datasheet has changed from the Lot A datasheet (sold out). Please note the concentration and suggested dilution changes.
|IP||IP: 1/80. (lot A).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionPlays a central role in autophagy (By similarity). May play a role in antiviral host defense. Protects against infection by a neurovirulent strain of Sindbis virus.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the beclin family.
- Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Interaction with ATG14 promotes translocation to autophagosomes. Expressed in dendrites and cell bodies of cerebellar Purkinje cells.
- APG6 antibody
- ATG 6 antibody
- ATG6 antibody
- ATG6 autophagy related 6 homolog antibody
- Bcl-2-interacting protein beclin antibody
- Beclin 1 (coiled coil moesin like BCL2 interacting protein) antibody
- Beclin 1 autophagy related antibody
- Beclin-1 antibody
- Beclin1 antibody
- BECN 1 antibody
- BECN1 antibody
- BECN1_HUMAN antibody
- Coiled coil myosin like BCL2 interacting protein antibody
- Coiled-coil myosin-like BCL2-interacting protein antibody
- GT197 antibody
- Protein GT197 antibody
- VPS 30 antibody
- VPS30 antibody
Anti-Beclin 1 antibody images
Anti-Beclin 1 antibody (ab16998) + Mouse liver tissue lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab16998 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16998, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Beclin 1 antibody (ab16998)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nuñez CE et al. Defective regulation of adipose tissue autophagy in obesity. Int J Obes (Lond) N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23478428) »
- Herberg S et al. Stromal cell-derived factor-1ß mediates cell survival through enhancing autophagy in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS One 8:e58207 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23472159) »