Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody (ab40834)
- Product nameAnti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibodySee all beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Dog
Synthetic peptide: HQGTVPSDNIDSQ, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 390-402 of Human beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor
- Positive controlHuman Liver lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40834 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
- FunctionBeta-adrenergic receptors mediate the catecholamine-induced activation of adenylate cyclase through the action of G proteins. The beta-2-adrenergic receptor binds epinephrine with an approximately 30-fold greater affinity than it does norepinephrine.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Adrenergic receptor subfamily. ADRB2 sub-subfamily.
modificationsPalmitoylated; may reduce accessibility of Ser-345 and Ser-346 by anchoring Cys-341 to the plasma membrane. Agonist stimulation promotes depalmitoylation and further allows Ser-345 and Ser-346 phosphorylation.
Phosphorylated by PKA and BARK upon agonist stimulation, which mediates homologous desensitization of the receptor. PKA-mediated phosphorylation seems to facilitate phosphorylation by BARK. Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Phosphorylation of Tyr-141 is induced by insulin and leads to supersensitization of the receptor.
Ubiquitinated. Agonist-induced ubiquitination leads to sort internalized receptors to the lysosomes for degradation. Deubiquitination by USP20 and USP33, leads to ADRB2 recycling and resensitization after prolonged agonist stimulation. USP20 and USP33 are constitutively associated and are dissociated immediately after agonist stimulation.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- ADRB2 antibodyADRB2_HUMAN antibodyADRB2R antibody
- ADRBR antibodyAdrenergic beta 2 receptor surface antibodyAdrenoceptor beta 2 surface antibodyB2AR antibodyBAR antibodybeta 2 adrenoceptor antibodyBeta 2 adrenoreceptor antibodyBeta-2 adrenergic receptor antibodyBeta-2 adrenoceptor antibodyBeta-2 adrenoreceptor antibodyBETA2AR antibodyCatecholamine receptor antibodyOTTHUMP00000160386 antibody
Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody images
Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody (ab40834) at 0.2 µg/ml + Human Liver lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa
References for Anti-beta 2 Adrenergic Receptor antibody (ab40834)
This product has been referenced in:
- Miller EK et al. Zilpaterol hydrochloride alters abundance of ß-adrenergic receptors in bovine muscle cells but has little effect on de novo fatty acid biosynthesis in bovine subcutaneous adipose tissue explants. J Anim Sci 90:1317-27 (2012). WB ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 22079997) »
- Steenhuis P et al. Adrenergic signaling in human oral keratinocytes and wound repair. J Dent Res 90:186-92 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21127260) »