Anti-beta Actin antibody [8H10D10] (ab101173)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [8H10D10]See all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8H10D10] to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Human, Monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues of human beta-Actin, conjugated to KLH.
- Positive controlNIH/3T3, Jurkat, Hela, CHO, PC12, HEK293, COS, A549 or MCF-7 cell lysates
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Ascites fluid
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number8H10D10
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab101173 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/200 - 1/400.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- A26C1A antibodyA26C1B antibodyACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibodyActin cytoplasmic 1 antibodyActx antibodyb-actin antibodyBeta cytoskeletal actin antibodyE430023M04Rik antibodyMGC128179 antibodyPS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibodyPS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody [8H10D10] images
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody [8H10D10] (ab101173)
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3
Lane 2 : Jurkat
Lane 3 : HeLa
Lane 4 : CHO
Lane 5 : PC12
Lane 6 : HEK293
Lane 7 : COS
Lane 8 : A549
Lane 9 : MCF-7
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 43 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab101173 staining beta Actin in SKBR-3 (left) and A549 (right) cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence. A Cy3-conjugated Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were stained blue with DRAQ5 DNA fluorescent dye.
ab101173 staining beta Actin in MCF-7 cells (right) against staining using a negative control (left)
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody [8H10D10] (ab101173)
ab101173 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.