Anti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15] (ab82618)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15]See all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [AC-15] to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chinese Hamster
Synthetic peptide: DDDIAALVIDNGSGK (slightly modified) conjugated to KLH, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 2-15 of beta Actin
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferConstituents: 0.2% BSA, 1.2% Sodium acetate
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesPurified by the goat anti-mouse IgG affinity chromatography
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAC-15
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82618 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.25 - 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 396526 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 280979 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 442937 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 100135470 Guinea pig
- Entrez Gene: 100033878 Horse
- Entrez Gene: 60 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 414396 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100009272 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 81822 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 443052 Sheep
- Omim: 102630 Human
- SwissProt: P60706 Chicken
- SwissProt: P60712 Cow
- SwissProt: O18840 Dog
- SwissProt: Q71FK5 Guinea pig
- SwissProt: P60708 Horse
- SwissProt: P60709 Human
- SwissProt: P60710 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6QAQ1 Pig
- SwissProt: P29751 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P60711 Rat
- SwissProt: P60713 Sheep
- Unigene: 520640 Human
- Unigene: 708120 Human
- Unigene: 727576 Human
- Unigene: 328431 Mouse
- Unigene: 391967 Mouse
- Unigene: 94978 Rat
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibody
- Actin cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Actx antibody
- b-actin antibody
- Beta cytoskeletal actin antibody
- E430023M04Rik antibody
- MGC128179 antibody
- PS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibody
- PS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15] images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab82618 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab82618, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ICC/IF image of ab82618 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab82618, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody [AC-15] (ab82618)
This product has been referenced in:
- Abdelhamed ZA et al. Variable expressivity of ciliopathy neurological phenotypes that encompass Meckel-Gruber syndrome and Joubert syndrome is caused by complex de-regulated ciliogenesis, Shh and Wnt signalling defects. Hum Mol Genet 22:1358-72 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23283079) »