Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] (ab52614)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y]See all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1123Y] to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C-terminus of human Beta Actin (Cytoplasmic Actin).
- Positive control
- T47D, HeLa cell lysate, human muscle tissue, NIH/3T3 cells
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1123Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52614 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/1000.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibody
- Actin cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Actx antibody
- b-actin antibody
- beta cytoskeletal actin antibody
- Beta-actin antibody
- E430023M04Rik antibody
- MGC128179 antibody
- PS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibody
- PS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] images
ab52614 staining beta Actin in Mouse embryo tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% FBS/BSA for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer, pH6. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in 1% FBS/BSA) for 16 hours at 4°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab52614 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52614, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] (ab52614) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : T47D cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-rabbit HRP antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
Ab52614 at 1/50 dilution staining human muscle; paraffin embedded.Ab52614 at 1/50 dilution staining human muscle; paraffin embedded.
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] (ab52614)
This product has been referenced in:
- Arbel-Eden A et al. Trans-lesion DNA Polymerases may be Involved in Yeast Meiosis. G3 (Bethesda) N/A:N/A (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23550131) »
- Lupberger J et al. EGFR and EphA2 are host factors for hepatitis C virus entry and possible targets for antiviral therapy. Nat Med 17:589-95 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21516087) »