Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] (ab52614)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y]See all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1123Y] to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the C-terminus of human Beta Actin (Cytoplasmic Actin).
- Positive controlT47D, HeLa cell lysate, human muscle tissue, NIH/3T3 cells
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP1123Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52614 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- A26C1A antibodyA26C1B antibodyACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibodyActin cytoplasmic 1 antibodyActx antibodyb-actin antibodybeta cytoskeletal actin antibodyBeta-actin antibodyE430023M04Rik antibodyMGC128179 antibodyPS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibodyPS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] images
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] (ab52614) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : T47D cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-rabbit HRP antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
Ab52614 at 1/50 dilution staining human muscle; paraffin embedded.
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody [EP1123Y] (ab52614)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lupberger J et al. EGFR and EphA2 are host factors for hepatitis C virus entry and possible targets for antiviral therapy. Nat Med 17:589-95 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21516087) »
- Hirooka S et al. Localization of the invadopodia-related proteins actinin-1 and cortactin to matrix-contact-side cytoplasm of cancer cells in surgically resected lung adenocarcinomas. Pathobiology 78:10-23 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21474972) »