Anti-beta Actin antibody - Loading Control (ab13822)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody - Loading ControlSee all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to beta Actin - Loading Control
- SpecificityDetects a single clean band at 40kD representing beta actin. Does not cross-react with adult cardiac, smooth or skeletal muscle actin.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Chinese Hamster
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis, Fish
Synthetic peptide derived from residues 1 - 100 of Human beta Actin.
- Positive controlThis antibody detects beta actin in HeLa cells in WB and IF
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 3% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13822 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).Can be blocked with beta Actin peptide (ab13772).|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 60 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009272 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 81822 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 398459 Xenopus laevis
- Omim: 102630 Human
- SwissProt: P60706 Chicken
- SwissProt: P60712 Cow
- SwissProt: P60709 Human
- SwissProt: P60710 Mouse
- SwissProt: P29751 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P60711 Rat
- SwissProt: O93400 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 520640 Human
- Unigene: 708120 Human
- Unigene: 727576 Human
- Unigene: 328431 Mouse
- Unigene: 391967 Mouse
- Unigene: 94978 Rat
- Unigene: 4138 Xenopus laevis
- A X actin like protein antibodyACTB antibodyACTB_HUMAN antibody
- Actin antibodyActin cytoplasmic 1 antibodyActx antibodyb-actin antibodyBeta cytoskeletal actin antibodyBeta-actin antibodycytoplasmic 1 antibodyMelanoma X actin antibodyN-terminally processed antibodyPS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibodyPS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody - Loading Control images
ICC/IF image of ab13822 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab13822, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-chicken IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody - Loading Control (ab13822) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : CHO-K1 cell lysate Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Chicken IgY - H&L (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Exposure time : 90 seconds
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody - Loading Control (ab13822)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu Y et al. Expression, functional, and structural analysis of proteins critical for otoconia development. Dev Dyn 239:2659-73 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20803598) »
- Jackson TC et al. Regional hippocampal differences in AKT survival signaling across the lifespan: implications for CA1 vulnerability with aging. Cell Death Differ 16:439-48 (2009). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19039330) »