Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab14001)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibodySee all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Amino acids 151 - 320 of human beta actin
- Positive control293 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPeptide immunogen affinity column.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14001 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: 1/1000. PubMed: 16396995|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 396526 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 280979 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 60 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 81822 Rat
- Omim: 102630 Human
- SwissProt: P60706 Chicken
- SwissProt: P60712 Cow
- SwissProt: P60709 Human
- SwissProt: P60710 Mouse
- SwissProt: P29751 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P60711 Rat
- Unigene: 520640 Human
- Unigene: 708120 Human
- Unigene: 727576 Human
- Unigene: 328431 Mouse
- Unigene: 391967 Mouse
- Unigene: 94978 Rat
- ACTB antibodyACTB_HUMAN antibodyActin antibody
- Actin cytoplasmic 1 antibodyb-actin antibodyBeta cytoskeletal actin antibodyBeta-actin antibodycytoplasmic 1 antibodyN-terminally processed antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody images
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
ab14001 at a 1/1000 dilution staining human beta Actin in 293 whole cell lysate by western blot (colorimetric demkonstration).
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab14001)
This product has been referenced in:
- Akhrymuk I et al. Evasion of the innate immune response: the Old World alphavirus nsP2 protein induces rapid degradation of Rpb1, a catalytic subunit of RNA polymerase II. J Virol 86:7180-91 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22514352) »
- Vorum H et al. Identification of differentially regulated proteins in a patient with Leber's Congenital Amaurosis - a proteomic study. Proteome Sci 5:5 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17326818) »