Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab16039)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibodySee all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Zebrafish, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide: APRAVFPS, corresponding to amino acids 26-33 of beta Actin.
- Positive control
- Skin and leiomyoma
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16039 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 396526 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 45013 Chimpanzee
- Entrez Gene: 280979 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 442937 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 100135470 Guinea pig
- Entrez Gene: 100033878 Horse
- Entrez Gene: 60 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 414396 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 100009272 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 81822 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 443052 Sheep
- Entrez Gene: 398459 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 407952 Xenopus tropicalis
- Entrez Gene: 57934 Zebrafish
- Omim: 102630 Human
- SwissProt: P60706 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q5R1X3 Chimpanzee
- SwissProt: P60712 Cow
- SwissProt: O18840 Dog
- SwissProt: Q71FK5 Guinea pig
- SwissProt: P60708 Horse
- SwissProt: P60709 Human
- SwissProt: P60710 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6QAQ1 Pig
- SwissProt: P29751 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P60711 Rat
- SwissProt: P60713 Sheep
- SwissProt: O93400 Xenopus laevis
- SwissProt: Q6NVA9 Xenopus tropicalis
- SwissProt: Q7ZVI7 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 520640 Human
- Unigene: 708120 Human
- Unigene: 727576 Human
- Unigene: 328431 Mouse
- Unigene: 391967 Mouse
- Unigene: 94978 Rat
- Unigene: 4138 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 35143 Zebrafish
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibody
- Actin cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Actx antibody
- b-actin antibody
- beta cytoskeletal actin antibody
- Beta-actin antibody
- E430023M04Rik antibody
- MGC128179 antibody
- PS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibody
- PS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody images
beta Actin was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg SK-N-SH whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to beta Actin and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, SK-N-SH whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab16039.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 42kDa; beta Actin
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab16039) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : SK N SH (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Spleen (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29699)
Lane 3 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
ab16039 at 1/100 dilution staining Human beta Actin in Leiomyoma by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections)
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab16039)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chatterjee S et al. A novel activator of CBP/p300 acetyltransferases promotes neurogenesis and extends memory duration in adult mice. J Neurosci 33:10698-712 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23804093) »
- Halperin J et al. Prolactin signaling through the short form of its receptor represses forkhead transcription factor FOXO3 and its target gene galt causing a severe ovarian defect. Mol Endocrinol 22:513-22 (2008). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17975019) »