Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab34731)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibodySee all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with a wide range of species.
Synthetic peptide: TFQQMWISKQ, corresponding to amino acids 359-368 of beta Actin
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/10000 - 1/50000.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- A26C1A antibodyA26C1B antibodyACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibodyActin cytoplasmic 1 antibodyActx antibodybeta cytoskeletal actin antibodyBeta-actin antibodyE430023M04Rik antibodyMGC128179 antibodyPS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibodyPS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab34731) at 1/1500 dilution
Lane 2 : Human embryonic kidney 293
Lane 3 : Human lung carcinoma A549
Lane 4 : Mouse brain
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Observed band size : 42 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical staining using ab34731 antibody at 1/200 dilution shows detection of actin at the neuromuscular juntion of rana pipiens tissue fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde using a section 4.2 µm thick.
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab34731)
ab34731 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.