Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab54724)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibodySee all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to beta Actin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein, corresponding to amino acids 1-376 of Human beta Actin
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54724 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- A X actin like protein antibody
- A26C1A antibody
- A26C1B antibody
- ACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibody
- Actin antibody
- Actin cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Actx antibody
- Beta cytoskeletal actin antibody
- Beta-actin antibody
- cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- E430023M04Rik antibody
- Melanoma X actin antibody
- MGC128179 antibody
- N-terminally processed antibody
- PS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibody
- PS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody images
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab54724 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab54724, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
beta Actin antibody (ab54724) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human smooth muscle.
beta Actin antibody (ab54724) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab54724)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tagami M et al. MRP4 knockdown enhances migration, suppresses apoptosis, and produces aggregated morphology in human retinal vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 400:593-8 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20804728) »