Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab70165)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibodySee all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta Actin
- SpecificityPreliminary indications are that this antibody also recognizes gamma Actin as the N-terminus of beta Actin is highly conserved with respect to gamma Actin.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
The N-terminus of human Beta-actin.
- Positive controlNIH3T3 and HeLa whole cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70165 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/5000 - 1/15000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- A26C1A antibodyA26C1B antibodyACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibodyActin cytoplasmic 1 antibodyActx antibodyBeta cytoskeletal actin antibodyBeta-actin antibodyE430023M04Rik antibodyMGC128179 antibodyPS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibodyPS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab70165) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 2.5 µg
Lane 5 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 1 µg
Lane 6 : NIH3T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody (ab70165)
ab70165 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.