Anti-beta Actin antibody [mAbcam 8226] (FITC) (ab64496)
- Product nameAnti-beta Actin antibody [mAbcam 8226] (FITC)See all beta Actin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 8226] to beta Actin (FITC)
- ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- SpecificityDoes not cross-react with adult cardiac, smooth, or skeletal muscle actin.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, African Green Monkey, Chinese Hamster
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Horse, Guinea pig
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human beta Actin.
- General notesThe concentration of this antibody is batch dependent.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 8226
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64496 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTB are a cause of dystonia juvenile-onset (DYTJ) [MIM:607371]. DYTJ is a form of dystonia with juvenile onset. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contraction, often leading to abnormal postures. DYTJ patients manifest progressive, generalized, dopa-unresponsive dystonia, developmental malformations and sensory hearing loss.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- Entrez Gene: 396526 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 60 Human
- Entrez Gene: 11461 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100009272 Rabbit
- Entrez Gene: 81822 Rat
- Omim: 102630 Human
- SwissProt: P60706 Chicken
- SwissProt: P60712 Cow
- SwissProt: P60708 Horse
- SwissProt: P60709 Human
- SwissProt: P60710 Mouse
- SwissProt: P29751 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P60711 Rat
- SwissProt: P60713 Sheep
- Unigene: 520640 Human
- Unigene: 708120 Human
- Unigene: 727576 Human
- Unigene: 328431 Mouse
- Unigene: 391967 Mouse
- Unigene: 94978 Rat
- A X actin like protein antibody
- ACTB antibody
- ACTB_HUMAN antibody
- Actin antibody
- Actin cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Actx antibody
- b actin antibody
- b-actin antibody
- Beta cytoskeletal actin antibody
- Beta-actin antibody
- cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- Melanoma X actin antibody
- N-terminally processed antibody
- PS1TP5 binding protein 1 antibody
- PS1TP5BP1 antibody
Anti-beta Actin antibody [mAbcam 8226] (FITC) images
ICC/IF image of ab64496 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab64496, 1µg/ml, FITC conjugated (green)) for 1h at room temperature. 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
References for Anti-beta Actin antibody [mAbcam 8226] (FITC) (ab64496)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mendel TA et al. Pericytes derived from adipose-derived stem cells protect against retinal vasculopathy. PLoS One 8:e65691 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23741506) »