Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody (ab12081)
- Product nameAnti-beta Galactosidase antibodySee all beta Galactosidase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to beta Galactosidase
- SpecificityDetects recombinant beta galactosidase enzyme by Western blotting.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Escherichia coli
Recombinant full length protein of Escherichia coli beta Galactosidase.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 116 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceBeta galactosidase is coded by a gene (lac z) in the lac operon of Escherichia coli. It is a metalloenzyme that splits lactose into glucose and galactose. It hydrolyzes terminal, non-reducing beta-D-galactose residues in beta-D-galactosides. Activation by cations seems to be substrate dependent. K+, Na+, NH4+, Rb+, Cs+ and Mn++ all activate enzyme activity based upon the substrate used.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- Beta D galactosidase antibody
- Beta gal antibody
- Beta galactosidase antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- ECK0341 antibody
- JW0335 antibody
- lactase antibody
- lacZ antibody
Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody images
Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody (ab12081) at 1.5 µg/ml + Beta Galactosidase Recombinant at 0.1 µg
Rabbit polyclonal to Goat IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) (ab65486) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 116 kDa
Observed band size : 120 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 90 seconds
References for Anti-beta Galactosidase antibody (ab12081)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hughes AJ & Herr AE Microfluidic Western blotting. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A : (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 23223527) »
- Zimmer C et al. Role of Fgf8 signalling in the specification of rostral Cajal-Retzius cells. Development 137:293-302 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20040495) »