Anti-beta Tubulin antibody [TU-06] (ab78109)
- Product nameAnti-beta Tubulin antibody [TU-06]See all beta Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TU-06] to beta Tubulin
- SpecificityRecognizes all beta Tubulin isoforms.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Porcine brain beta Tubulin.
- Positive controlHeart tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, pH 8.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTU-06
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78109 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha-chain.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with highest levels in spleen, thymus and immature brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
- DomainThe highly acidic C-terminal region may bind cations such as calcium.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Beta 4 tubulin antibodyBeta 5 tubulin antibodyBetaTubulin antibody
- dJ40E16.7 antibodyTBB5_HUMAN antibodyTUBB antibodyTUBB2 antibodyTUBB2A antibodyTUBB5 antibodytubulin beta 2A antibodyTubulin beta chain antibodyTubulin beta-5 chain antibody
Anti-beta Tubulin antibody [TU-06] images
Immunohistochemistry analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human heart tissue using 5µg/ml ab78109.A after heat induced antigen retrieval step was performed using pH 6.0 citrate buffer. After incubation with the primary antibody, slides were incubated with biotinylated secondary antibody, followed by alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen.
References for Anti-beta Tubulin antibody [TU-06] (ab78109)
ab78109 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.