Anti-beta amyloid 1-43 antibody [9C4] (ab22258)
- Product nameAnti-beta amyloid 1-43 antibody [9C4]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9C4] to beta amyloid 1-43
- SpecificityReactive to the c-terminus of beta amyloid and specific for the isoform ending at the 43rd amino acid.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide comprising the 6 C terminal amino acids (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number9C4
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Retrieve antigens with 70% Formic acid for 10-30 minutes at room temperature before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- RelevanceThe cerebral and vascular plaques associated with Alzheimer's disease are mainly composed of Amyloid beta peptides. beta Amyloid is derived from cleavage of the Amyloid precursor protein and varies in length from 39 to 43 amino acids. beta Amyloid [1-40], beta Amyloid [1-42], and beta Amyloid [1-43] peptides result from cleavage of Amyloid precursor protein after residues 40, 42, and 43, respectively. The cleavage takes place by gamma-secretase during the last Amyloid precursor protein processing step. beta Amyloid [1-40], beta Amyloid [1-42], and beta Amyloid [1-43] peptides are major constituents of the plaques and tangles that occur in Alzheimer's disease. beta Amyloid antibodies and peptides have been developed as tools for elucidating the biology of Alzheimer's disease.
- Cellular localizationPlasma membrane
- ABPP antibody
- APPI antibody
- Cerebral vascular amyloid peptide antibody
- CVAP antibody
- PN-II antibody
- Protease nexin-II antibody
References for Anti-beta amyloid 1-43 antibody [9C4] (ab22258)
ab22258 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.