For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-Biglycan antibody [EPR2959]
See all Biglycan primary antibodies
Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2959] to Biglycan
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
WB, IP, Flow Cytmore details
ICC or IHC-P
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the C-terminus of Human Biglycan.
- Positive control
- Rat cartilage, C2C12, Human skeletal muscle and Mouse muscle lysates; L6 cells.
- General notes
This product is a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody.
Produced using Abcam’s RabMAb® technology. RabMAb® technology is covered by the following U.S. Patents, No. 5,675,063 and/or 7,429,487.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clone numberEPR2959
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesIs unsuitable for ICC or IHC-P.
||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.
||1/10 - 1/100.
||1/100 - 1/500. ab172730-Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
- FunctionMay be involved in collagen fiber assembly.
- Tissue specificityFound in several connective tissues, especially in articular cartilages.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family. SLRP class I subfamily.
Contains 12 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
modificationsThe two attached glycosaminoglycan chains can be either chondroitin sulfate or dermatan sulfate.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
Information by UniProt
- BGN antibody
- Biglycan antibody
- Biglycan proteoglycan antibody
Anti-Biglycan antibody [EPR2959] images
Western blot - Biglycan antibody [EPR2959] (ab109369)
All lanes : Anti-Biglycan antibody [EPR2959] (ab109369) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat cartilage lysate
Lane 2 : L6 lysate
Lane 3 : C2C12 lysate
Lane 4 : Human skeletal muscle lysate
Lane 5 : Mouse muscle lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled Goat anti-Rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Flow Cytometry - Biglycan antibody [EPR2959] (ab109369)
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized L6 cells using ab109369 at 1/100 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
References for Anti-Biglycan antibody [EPR2959] (ab109369)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"