For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 0.1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).
By western blot, this antibody detects an ~40 kDa protein representing Biliverdin Reductase from HeLa cell extract.
- FunctionReduces the gamma-methene bridge of the open tetrapyrrole, biliverdin IX alpha, to bilirubin with the concomitant oxidation of a NADH or NADPH cofactor.
- Tissue specificityLiver.
- PathwayPorphyrin-containing compound metabolism; protoheme degradation.
- Involvement in diseaseHyperbiliverdinemia
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Gfo/Idh/MocA family. Biliverdin reductase subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- BIEA_HUMAN antibody
- Biliverdin IX alpha reductase antibody
- Biliverdin reductase A antibody
Anti-Biliverdin Reductase antibody images
Western blot - Biliverdin Reductase antibody (ab3466)
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Western blot detection of Biliverdin Reductase on HeLa cell extract using ab3466.
References for Anti-Biliverdin Reductase antibody (ab3466)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"