For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa.
||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
- FunctionReduces the gamma-methene bridge of the open tetrapyrrole, biliverdin IX alpha, to bilirubin with the concomitant oxidation of a NADH or NADPH cofactor.
- Tissue specificityLiver.
- PathwayPorphyrin-containing compound metabolism; protoheme degradation.
- Involvement in diseaseHyperbiliverdinemia
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Gfo/Idh/MocA family. Biliverdin reductase subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- BIEA_HUMAN antibody
- Biliverdin IX alpha reductase antibody
- Biliverdin reductase A antibody
Anti-Biliverdin Reductase antibody images
References for Anti-Biliverdin Reductase antibody (ab88587)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"