Anti-BMP2 antibody [65529.111] (ab6285)
- Product nameAnti-BMP2 antibody [65529.111]See all BMP2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [65529.111] to BMP2
- SpecificityMonoclonal anti-BMP-2 recognizes recombinant human BMP-2 by ELISA and immunoblotting. The antibody shows approximately 25% cross-reactivity with recombinant human BMP-4.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Indirect ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein expressed in E. coli (Human).
- General notesThis product is supplied as 100ug/vial. The concentration range may vary from 0.5mg/ml to 1mg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPhosphate buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number65529.111
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17-18 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Do not perform antigen retrieval.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|Indirect ELISA||I-ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. To detect a limit of ~3 ng/well recombinant human BMP-2 at 50 and 100 ng/lane under non-reducing and reducing conditions, respectively.|
- FunctionInduces cartilage and bone formation.
- Tissue specificityParticularly abundant in lung, spleen and colon and in low but significant levels in heart, brain, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, prostate, ovary and small intestine.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- BDA2 antibodyBMP 2 antibodyBMP 2A antibody
- BMP-2 antibodyBMP-2A antibodyBmp2 antibodyBMP2_HUMAN antibodyBMP2A antibodyBone morphogenetic protein 2 antibodyBone morphogenetic protein 2A antibody
Anti-BMP2 antibody [65529.111] images
ab66285 staining BMP2 in Human small intestine tissue sections by IHC-P (formaldehyde-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1.5% serum for 10 minutes. Antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate (pH6.0). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in diluent buffer) for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG was used as secondary antibody
ICC/IF image of ab6285 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab6285, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-BMP2 antibody [65529.111] (ab6285)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ivanovska N & Dimitrova P Bone resorption and remodeling in murine collagenase-induced osteoarthritis after administration of glucosamine. Arthritis Res Ther 13:R44 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21410959) »
- Cheng L et al. Osteoinduction of hydroxyapatite/beta-tricalcium phosphate bioceramics in mice with a fractured fibula. Acta Biomater 6:1569-74 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19896564) »