BMP6 Human ELISA kit (ab99984)
- Product nameBMP6 Human ELISA kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 150 pg/ml
- Range200 pg/ml - 20000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 93.88 84% - 107% Serum 96.53 85% - 104% Plasma 94.69 84% - 103%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s BMP6 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human BMP6 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human BMP6 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and BMP6 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human BMP6 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of BMP6 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 1,500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human BMP-6 2 vials BMP-6 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human BMP-6 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceBone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP) are members of the TGF beta superfamily of cytokines that affect bone and cartilage formation. Similar to other TGF beta family proteins, BMPs are highly conserved across animal species. BMPs are involved in embryogenesis and morphogenesis of various tissues and organs. BMP6 is an autocrine stimulator of chondrocyte differentiation and has been implicated in the development of embryonic kidney and urinary systems. It is involved in liver growth and differentiation, keratinocyte differentiation, and regulation of neuronal tissue development. BMP6 expression is localized to smooth muscle cells of normal cerebral blood vessels, intimal plaques and atherosclerotically changed blood vessels, further suggesting a role as a regulator of developing tissues.
- BMP 6
- Bone morphogenetic protein 6
- Vegetal related (TGFB related) cytokine
- Vegetal related growth factor (TGFB related)
- VG 1 R
- VG 1 related protein
- Vg1 related sequence
- VGR 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99984 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for BMP6 Human ELISA kit (ab99984)
ab99984 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.