BrightMount/Plus 25ml Aqueous Mounting Medium (Anti-fading) for Fluorescent Staining (ab103748)
- Product nameBrightMount/Plus 25ml Aqueous Mounting Medium (Anti-fading) for Fluorescent StainingSee all mounting media reagents ...
- General notesBrightMount/Plus is an aqueous-based, ready to use mounting medium for cover slipping tissues stained with flourescent dyes. This product is compatible with FITC, phycoerythrin, phycocyanin and allophycocyanin. It can be also be used with other flourescent markers such as Texas Red and rhodamine. The anti-fading agent preserves strong staining, allowing the user to view slides several months after they have been stained.
- Remove the red tip from the bottle and cut the tip off with a sharp razor or scissors. This will help acheive smooth flow of BrightMount/Plus and prevent formation of tiny bubbles.
- Place the bottle upside down in a container before using. This will help clear BrightMount/Plus of tiny bubbles.
- Blot excess water from the slide without letting tissue dry. Make sure the tissue is wet prior to mounting.
- Apply 2-3 drops of BrightMount/Plus on the tissue section and gently apply a cover slip. Allow to dry for 30-45 minutes at room temperature. Seal edges of the cover slip with nail polish for long term storage.
Removal of BrightMount/Plus
BrightMount/Plus is an aqueous-based mounting medium and can easily be removed by soaking slides in deionized water. Place slide in a beaker full oe deionized water on a magnetic stirrer. Leave the slide stirring in water for a few hours or overnight for complete removal of dry BrightMount/Plus.
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0002% Propidium Iodide, 85% Water, 15% Proprietary component
- Concentration information loading...
- Research Areas
References for BrightMount/Plus 25ml Aqueous Mounting Medium (Anti-fading) for Fluorescent Staining (ab103748)
ab103748 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.