Anti-c-Jun antibody (ab428)
- Product nameAnti-c-Jun antibodySee all c-Jun primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Jun
- SpecificityReacts with 32 kDa protein derived from avian and mammalian E.F. cells. Cross reacts with avian v-Jun protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, EMSA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Chicken, all Mammals
Predicted to work with: Bird
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole Serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab428 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|EMSA||EMSA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that recognizes and binds to the enhancer heptamer motif 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'. Promotes activity of NR5A1 when phosphorylated by HIPK3 leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression upon cAMP signaling pathway stimulation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Jun subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP (basic-leucine zipper) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaMK4 and PRKDC; phosphorylation enhances the transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated by HIPK3. Phosphorylated by DYRK2 at Ser-243; this primes the protein for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK3B at Thr-239. Phosphorylated at Thr-239, Ser-243 and Ser-249 by GSK3B; phosphorylation reduces its ability to bind DNA. Phosphorylated by PAK2 at Thr-2, Thr-8, Thr-89, Thr-93 and Thr-286 thereby promoting JUN-mediated cell proliferation and transformation. Phosphorylated by PLK3 following hypoxia or UV irradiation, leading to increase DNA-binding activity.
Acetylated at Lys-271 by EP300.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activator Protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- AP1 antibody
- cJun antibody
- Enhancer Binding Protein AP1 antibody
- Jun Activation Domain Binding Protein antibody
- JUN antibody
- Jun oncogene antibody
- JUN protein antibody
- Jun proto oncogene antibody
- JUN_HUMAN antibody
- JUNC antibody
- Oncogene JUN antibody
- p39 antibody
- Proto oncogene c jun antibody
- Proto oncogene cJun antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-jun antibody
- Transcription Factor AP 1 antibody
- Transcription factor AP-1 antibody
- Transcription factor AP1 antibody
- V jun avian sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog antibody
- V jun sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog (avian) antibody
- V jun sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog antibody
- V-jun avian sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog antibody
- vJun Avian Sarcoma Virus 17 Oncogene Homolog antibody
References for Anti-c-Jun antibody (ab428)
This product has been referenced in:
- Akhouayri O & St-Arnaud R Differential mechanisms of transcriptional regulation of the mouse osteocalcin gene by jun family members. Calcif Tissue Int 80:123-31 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17308994) »