Anti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody (ab30620)
- Product nameAnti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibodySee all c-Jun primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Jun (phospho S73)
- Specificityab30620 detects endogenous levels of c-Jun only when phosphorylated at Serine 73.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC - Wholemount, WB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human c-Jun around the phosphorylation site of Serine 73.
- Positive control
- Breast carcinoma. extracts from Hela cells treated with UV. HepG2 cell line
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide.The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC - Wholemount||IHC - Wmt: 1/100.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that recognizes and binds to the enhancer heptamer motif 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'. Promotes activity of NR5A1 when phosphorylated by HIPK3 leading to increased steroidogenic gene expression upon cAMP signaling pathway stimulation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Jun subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP (basic-leucine zipper) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaMK4 and PRKDC; phosphorylation enhances the transcriptional activity. Phosphorylated by HIPK3. Phosphorylated by DYRK2 at Ser-243; this primes the protein for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK3B at Thr-239. Phosphorylated at Thr-239, Ser-243 and Ser-249 by GSK3B; phosphorylation reduces its ability to bind DNA. Phosphorylated by PAK2 at Thr-2, Thr-8, Thr-89, Thr-93 and Thr-286 thereby promoting JUN-mediated cell proliferation and transformation. Phosphorylated by PLK3 following hypoxia or UV irradiation, leading to increase DNA-binding activity.
Acetylated at Lys-271 by EP300.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 3725 Human
- Entrez Gene: 16476 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24516 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 335916 Zebrafish
- Omim: 165160 Human
- SwissProt: P05412 Human
- SwissProt: P05627 Mouse
- SwissProt: P17325 Rat
- SwissProt: Q4ZJE9 Zebrafish
- SwissProt: Q6NZT5 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 525704 Human
- Unigene: 696684 Human
- Unigene: 275071 Mouse
- Unigene: 93714 Rat
- Activator Protein 1 antibody
- AP 1 antibody
- AP1 antibody
- cJun antibody
- Enhancer Binding Protein AP1 antibody
- Jun Activation Domain Binding Protein antibody
- JUN antibody
- Jun oncogene antibody
- JUN protein antibody
- Jun proto oncogene antibody
- JUN_HUMAN antibody
- JUNC antibody
- Oncogene JUN antibody
- p39 antibody
- Proto oncogene c jun antibody
- Proto oncogene cJun antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-jun antibody
- Transcription Factor AP 1 antibody
- Transcription factor AP-1 antibody
- Transcription Factor AP1 antibody
- V jun avian sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog antibody
- V jun sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog (avian) antibody
- V jun sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog antibody
- V-jun avian sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog antibody
- vJun Avian Sarcoma Virus 17 Oncogene Homolog antibody
Anti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody (ab30620) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from untreated Hela cells
Lane 2 : extracts from UV treated Hela cells
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 Phospho c-Jun(Ser73) Antibody (ab30620). Left: untreated sample. Right: sample preincubated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
ab30620 staining 24hpf WT zebrafish embryos by IHC-wholemount. The embryos were dechorionated and fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (or Dent's fixative) over 48h at 4 °C. Embryos were then washed two times with PBS and two times with MeOH, permeabilized with methanol for 5 minutes and blocked with 10% goat serum in PBS - Triton for 1 hour. Staining with ab30620 at a 1/100 dilution in PBS-10% goat serum- Triton was performed for 22h at 4°C. A goat anti-rabbit Alexa 568 polyclonal antibody at 1/1000 was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab30620 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab30620, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-c-Jun (phospho S73) antibody (ab30620)
This product has been referenced in:
- Spigolon G et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway in excitotoxic cell death following kainic acid-induced status epilepticus. Eur J Neurosci 31:1261-72 (2010). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20345908) »