Anti-c-Myc antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
- Product nameAnti-c-Myc antibody [9E10] (HRP)See all c-Myc primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9E10] to c-Myc (HRP)
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: AEEQKLISEE DLLRKRREQL KHKLE CA conjugated to KLH, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 408-432 of Human c-Myc.
- Positive control
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Active human c-Myc full length protein
- This antibody gave a positive signal in E.coli Whole Cell Lysate (positive control) expressing 11 different epitope tags (ab5395).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
contains 0.4M Arginine
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number9E10
- Light chain typekappa
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62928 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).
Unconjugated version of this antibody available as ab32.
FITC conjugated version of this antibody available as ab64478.
Biotin conjugated version of this antibody available as ab10825.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- Formc-Myc is also expressed in the cytoplasm.
- AU016757 antibody
- Avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibody
- bHLHe39 antibody
- c Myc antibody
- c Myc oncoprotein antibody
- Cellular myelocytomatosis oncogene antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 39 antibody
- MRTL antibody
- Myc antibody
- Myc protein antibody
- Myc proto oncogene protein antibody
- Myc proto-oncogene protein antibody
- MYC_HUMAN antibody
- Myc2 antibody
- Myelocytomatosis oncogene antibody
- Niard antibody
- Nird antibody
- Oncogene Myc antibody
- OTTHUMP00000158589 antibody
- Proto-oncogene c-Myc antibody
- RNCMYC antibody
- Transcription factor p64 antibody
- Transcriptional regulator Myc-A antibody
- v myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibody
- v myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (avian) antibody
- V-Myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibody
- v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (avian) antibody
Anti-c-Myc antibody [9E10] (HRP) images
Anti-c-Myc antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928) at 1/10000 dilution +
E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate (ab5395) at 0.1 µg
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Observed band size : 41 kDa
References for Anti-c-Myc antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hauler F et al. AAA ATPase p97/VCP is essential for TRIM21-mediated virus neutralization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:19733-8 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 23091005) »
- Wei W et al. Soluble Frizzled-7 receptor inhibits Wnt signaling and sensitizes hepatocellular carcinoma cells towards doxorubicin. Mol Cancer 10:16 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21314951) »