Anti-c-Myc (phospho S373) antibody (ab30643)
- Product nameAnti-c-Myc (phospho S373) antibodySee all c-Myc primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Myc (phospho S373)
- Conjugation notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Specificityab30643 detects endogenous levels of Myc only when phosphorylated at Serine 373.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Myc around the phosphorylation site of Serine 373.
- Positive controlIHC: breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg++ and Ca++), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30643 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionParticipates in the regulation of gene transcription. Binds DNA in a non-specific manner, yet also specifically recognizes the core sequence 5'-CAC[GA]TG-3'. Seems to activate the transcription of growth-related genes.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Overexpression of MYC is implicated in the etiology of a variety of hematopoietic tumors.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving MYC may be a cause of a form of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Translocation t(8;12)(q24;q22) with BTG1.
Defects in MYC are a cause of Burkitt lymphoma (BL) [MIM:113970]. A form of undifferentiated malignant lymphoma commonly manifested as a large osteolytic lesion in the jaw or as an abdominal mass. Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving MYC are usually found in Burkitt lymphoma. Translocations t(8;14), t(8;22) or t(2;8) which juxtapose MYC to one of the heavy or light chain immunoglobulin gene loci.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. Phosphorylation at Thr-58 and Ser-62 by GSK3 is required for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome. Phosphorylation at Ser-329 by PIM2 leads to the stabilization of MYC (By similarity). Phosphorylation at Ser-62 by CDK2 prevents Ras-induced senescence.
Ubiquitinated by the SCF(FBXW7) complex when phosphorylated at Thr-58 and Ser-62, leading to its degradation by the proteasome. In the nucleoplasm, ubiquitination is counteracted by USP28, which interacts with isoform 1 of FBXW7 (FBW7alpha), leading to its deubiquitination and preventing degradation. In the nucleolus, however, ubiquitination is not counteracted by USP28, due to the lack of interaction between isoform 4 of FBXW7 (FBW7gamma) and USP28, explaining the selective MYC degradation in the nucleolus. Also polyubiquitinated by the DCX(TRUSS) complex.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleoplasm. Nucleus > nucleolus.
- bHLHe39 antibodyc Myc antibodyCellular myelocytomatosis oncogene antibody
- Cellular myelocytomatosis oncogene antibodyClass E basic helix-loop-helix protein 39 antibodyMyc antibodyMyc protein antibodyMyc protein antibodyMyc protein antibodyMyc proto oncogene protein antibodyMyc proto oncogene protein antibodyMyc proto-oncogene protein antibodyMYC_HUMAN antibodyMyc2 antibodyMyc2 antibodyNiard antibodyNiard antibodyNird antibodyNird antibodyProto-oncogene c-Myc antibodyTranscription factor p64 antibodyv myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibodyv myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog antibodyv myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (avian) antibodyv myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (avian) antibody
Anti-c-Myc (phospho S373) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast carcinoma, using Phospho- Myc(Ser373) (ab30643). Suggested dilution: 1:50 - 1:100.
References for Anti-c-Myc (phospho S373) antibody (ab30643)
ab30643 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.