C Reactive Protein (PTX1) Rat ELISA Kit (ab108827)
- Product nameC Reactive Protein (PTX1) Rat ELISA KitSee all C Reactive Protein kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.1%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 0.7 ng/ml
- Range0.78 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Assay time3h 30m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
Abcam’s C Reactive Protein (PTX1) Rat in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of C Reactive Protein in urine, plasma, serum, and cell culture supernatants.
A C Reactive Protein specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a C Reactive Protein specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of C Reactive Protein captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent M Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Rat C Reactive Protein Antibody 1 x 140µl C Reactive Protein Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit C Reactive Protein Standard 1 vial Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceC Reactive Protein is a major acute phase reactant synthesized primarily in the liver hepatocytes. It is a pentraxin (cyclic pentameric protein) compound of five identical nonglycosylated subunits of 206 amino acids each (m.w. 24 kDa), that are bound noncovalently to form the physiologic CRP molecule (m.w. 117.5 kDa). C Reactive Protein mediates activities associated with preimmune nonspecific host resistance. It is opsonic, an initiator of the classical complement cascade and an activator of monocytes/macrophages. CRP also binds to several nuclear components including chromatin, histones and snRNP, suggesting that it may play a role as a scavenger during cell necrosis. Studies have revealed that among other markers of inflammation, CRP shows the strongest association with cardiovascular events. Many clinical studies demonstrated that coronary mortality among patients with unstable angina and elevated CRP is significantly higher comparing with the patients without elevated CRP. Measurements of C reactive protein (hsCRP) in the patients with ischemic heart disease provide a novel method for detecting individuals at high risk of plaque rupture.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- C reactive protein pentraxin related
- C-reactive protein
- C-reactive protein(1-205)
- Pentraxin 1
- Pentraxin 1 short
- PTX 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108827 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for C Reactive Protein (PTX1) Rat ELISA Kit (ab108827)
ab108827 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.