cAMP Direct Immunoassay Kit (ab65355)
- Product namecAMP Direct Immunoassay KitSee all cAMP kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 0.02 µM
- Range0.02 µM - 2 µM
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: A wide range of mammals
- Product overview
Abcam's cAMP Assay Kit provides a direct competitive immunoassay for sensitive and quantitative determination of cAMP level in biological samples. The kit utilizes recombinant Protein G coated 96-well plate to efficiently anchor cAMP polyclonal antibody on to the plate. cAMP-HRP conjugate directly competes with cAMP from sample binding to the cAMP antibody on the plate. After incubation and washing, the amount of cAMP-HRP bound to the plate can easily be determined by reading HRP activity at OD450 nm. The intensity of OD450 nm is inversely proportional to the concentration of cAMP in samples. In addition, the kit provides a new acetylation procedure to improve detection sensitivity significantly. The kit can detect ~0.1-10 pmol/5 µl (or ~ 0.02-2 µM) cAMP samples.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Components Identifier 100 tests 10X cAMP Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Acetylating Reagent A Violet 1 x 750µl Acetylating Reagent B Black 1 x 1.2ml cAMP-HRP Green 1 vial HRP Developer Amber 1 x 10ml Neutralizing Buffer NM 1 x 7.5ml Protein G Coated Plate 1 unit Rabbit Anti-cAMP polyclonal Antibody Red 1 vial Standard cAMP (10 nmol) Yellow 1 x 10µl
- RelevanceAdenosine 3’,5’-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic AMP, cAMP) is an important “second messenger” involved in many physiological processes. It plays a key role as an intracellular second messenger for transduction events that follow a number of extracellular signals.
- Adenosine 3’ 5’ cyclic monophosphate
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate
- Cyclic AMP
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65355 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
cAMP Direct Immunoassay Kit images
Standard calibration Curve of cAMP Measured by Spectrophotometry.
References for cAMP Direct Immunoassay Kit (ab65355)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lee YY et al. CREB-binding protein (CBP) regulates ß-adrenoceptor (ß-AR)-mediated apoptosis. Cell Death Differ 20:941-52 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23579242) »
- Zhou Z et al. Modulation of haemocyte phagocytic and antibacterial activity by alpha-adrenergic receptor in scallop Chlamys farreri. Fish Shellfish Immunol 35:825-32 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23811406) »