For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clone numberSP81
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/100. Antigen retrieval is recommeded: boil tissue section in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
- FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
Information by UniProt
- Ca2 activated neutral protease antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit antibody
Anti-Calpain 1 antibody [SP81] images
References for Anti-Calpain 1 antibody [SP81] (ab101683)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"