Calpain 10 peptide (ab44842)
- Product nameCalpain 10 peptideSee all Calpain 10 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44842 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- Calcium activated neutral protease
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase 10
- Calcium-activated neutral proteinase 10
- calpain like protease CAPN10
- CANP 10
- CAPN 10
- EC 3.4.22.
- FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CAPN10 are a cause of susceptibility to diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent type 1 (NIDDM1) [MIM:601283]. It is a multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis caused by a lack of sensitivity to the body's own insulin. Affected individuals usually have an obese body habitus and manifestations of a metabolic syndrome characterized by diabetes, insulin resistance, hypertension and hypertriglyceridemia. The disease results in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
References for Calpain 10 peptide (ab44842)
ab44842 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.