Anti-Calpain 2 antibody (ab28259)
- Product nameAnti-Calpain 2 antibodySee all Calpain 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain 2
- Specificityab28259 recognises the Carboxyterminal end of the large subunit of calpain 2, both in its latent and aminoprocessed (activated) forms. It does not recognise the other calpain family members (calpain 1, calpain 94, ncl 2, ncl 3, etc.).
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide based on the Carboxyterminal end of the large subunit of human calpain 2. (Peptide available as ab41303.)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28259 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa.Can be blocked with Calpain 2 peptide (Domain IV) (ab41303). 1/1000, when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT - 1/5000, when using chemiluminescent substrates. But note that when used against the reduced protein, ab28259 identifies bands at 80 kDa, 58 kDa and a series of further cleaved active forms. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
- FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 3 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase 2 antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium-activated neutral protease 2, catalytic subunit antibody
- Calcium-activated neutral proteinase 2 antibody
- CALP80 antibody
- Calpain 2 (m/II) large subunit antibody
- Calpain 2 catalytic subunit antibody
- Calpain 2 large catalytic subunit antibody
- Calpain 2 large subunit antibody
- Calpain 2, large [catalytic] subunit antibody
- Calpain large polypeptide L2 antibody
- Calpain M type antibody
- Calpain M-type antibody
- Calpain-2 catalytic subunit antibody
- Calpain-2 large subunit antibody
- Calpain2 antibody
- CAN2_HUMAN antibody
- CANP 2 antibody
- CANP L2 antibody
- CANP2 antibody
- CANPL 2 antibody
- CANPL2 antibody
- CANPml antibody
- Capa2 antibody
- CAPN 2 antibody
- CAPN2 antibody
- CAPN2 antibody
- FLJ39928 antibody
- M calpain antibody
- M calpin antibody
- M type antibody
- M-calpain antibody
- mCANP antibody
- Millimolar calpain antibody
- Millimolar-calpain antibody
Anti-Calpain 2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Calpain 2 antibody (ab28259) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Calpain control
Lane 2 : Cell lysates from human chodrosarcoma (treated with II1a)
Predicted band size : 80 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 36 kDa,50 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Calpain 2 antibody (ab28259)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ozaki T et al. Mitochondrial m-calpain plays a role in the release of truncated apoptosis-inducing factor from the mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:1848-59 (2009). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19833151) »