Anti-Calpain 7 antibody (ab28213)
- Product nameAnti-Calpain 7 antibodySee all Calpain 7 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain 7
- SpecificityThis antibody does not cross react with the other calpain family members (calpain 1, calpain 2, Calpain 3, ncl 3, etc.)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide based on Domain III of the large subunit of human calpain 7. (Peptide available as ab41350.)
- EpitopeThis antibody reacts to the carboxy end of Domain III of Calpain 7.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28213 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceCalpain proteinases are defined currently as papain-like neutral proteases that are calcium activated. Calpains 1 and 2 are composed of a large subunit, which is proteolytically active, and a small subunit (also called calpain 4), or enhancer protein, that is not proteolytically active. The other calpain proteins identified to date (Calpain 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15) are not known to require a small subunit. Domains in the large subunit include the amino terminal domain-I, the proteinase domain-II, domain-III, and the EF-hand domain-IV (domain-T in calpains 5 & 6, domain-N for calpain 7). Calpain 7 domain-N does not have the standard calpain EF hand domain for binding calcium, making it unclear whether it is calcium regulated. In place of the EF hand calcium-binding domain IV, Calpain 7 has a sequence most closely resembling domain-III, with unknown function. Calpain 7 is widely distributed, found in most tissues analyzed.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- Calpain like protease antibody
- Calpain7 antibody
- CAPN 7 antibody
- Homolog of Aspergillus Nidulans PALB antibody
- PALBH antibody
References for Anti-Calpain 7 antibody (ab28213)
ab28213 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.