Anti-Cardiac Troponin I antibody (ab58544)
- Product nameAnti-Cardiac Troponin I antibodySee all Cardiac Troponin I primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cardiac Troponin I
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total cardiac Troponin I protein
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide from human TNNI3 around the phosphorylation site of serine 22 and serine 23 (RRSPSPA)
- Positive control
- Mouse heart cell extract
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58544 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22919071|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionTroponin I is the inhibitory subunit of troponin, the thin filament regulatory complex which confers calcium-sensitivity to striated muscle actomyosin ATPase activity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TNNI3 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic type 7 (CMH7) [MIM:613690]. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a hereditary heart disorder characterized by ventricular hypertrophy, which is usually asymmetric and often involves the interventricular septum. The symptoms include dyspnea, syncope, collapse, palpitations, and chest pain. They can be readily provoked by exercise. The disorder has inter- and intrafamilial variability ranging from benign to malignant forms with high risk of cardiac failure and sudden cardiac death.
Defects in TNNI3 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial restrictive type 1 (RCM1) [MIM:115210]. RCM1 is an heart muscle disorder characterized by impaired filling of the ventricles with reduced diastolic volume, in the presence of normal or near normal wall thickness and systolic function.
Defects in TNNI3 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 2A (CMD2A) [MIM:611880]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Defects in TNNI3 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1FF (CMD1FF) [MIM:613286]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the troponin I family.
- cardiac muscle antibody
- Cardiac troponin I antibody
- Cardiomyopathy, familial hypertrophic, 7, included antibody
- CMD1FF antibody
- CMD2A antibody
- CMH7 antibody
- cTnI antibody
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy 7 antibody
- MGC116817 antibody
- RCM1 antibody
- Tn1 antibody
- Tni antibody
- TNN I3 antibody
- TNNC 1 antibody
- TNNC1 antibody
- TNNI3 antibody
- TNNI3_HUMAN antibody
- Troponin I antibody
- Troponin I cardiac antibody
- Troponin I cardiac muscle antibody
- Troponin I cardiac muscle isoform antibody
- Troponin I type 3 cardiac antibody
- troponin I, cardiac 3 antibody
- TroponinI antibody
- Ttroponin I type 3 (cardiac) antibody
Anti-Cardiac Troponin I antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Cardiac Troponin I antibody (ab58544) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse heart cell extract
Lane 2 : Mouse heart cell extract with peptide
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab58544 staining human normal heart. Staining is localised to the cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.