Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody (ab64623)
- Product nameAnti-Cardiac Troponin T antibodySee all Cardiac Troponin T primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Cardiac Troponin T
- Tested applicationsIP, ICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human cardiac troponin T, purity more than 98%
- Positive controlIHC-P: FFPE human heart tissue sections
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64623 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTroponin T is the tropomyosin-binding subunit of troponin, the thin filament regulatory complex which confers calcium-sensitivity to striated muscle actomyosin ATPase activity.
- Tissue specificityHeart. The fetal heart shows a greater expression in the atrium than in the ventricle, while the adult heart shows a greater expression in the ventricle than in the atrium. Isoform 6 predominates in normal adult heart. Isoforms 1, 7 and 8 are expressed in fetal heart. Isoform 7 is also expressed in failing adult heart.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic type 2 (CMH2) [MIM:115195]. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a hereditary heart disorder characterized by ventricular hypertrophy, which is usually asymmetric and often involves the interventricular septum. The symptoms include dyspnea, syncope, collapse, palpitations, and chest pain. They can be readily provoked by exercise. The disorder has inter- and intrafamilial variability ranging from benign to malignant forms with high risk of cardiac failure and sudden cardiac death.
Defects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1D (CMD1D) [MIM:601494]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Defects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial restrictive type 3 (RCM3) [MIM:612422]. Restrictive cardiomyopathy is a heart disorder characterized by impaired filling of the ventricles with reduced diastolic volume, in the presence of normal or near normal wall thickness and systolic function.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the troponin T family.
- Cardiac muscle troponin T antibodyCardiomyopathy dilated 1D (autosomal dominant) antibodyCardiomyopathy hypertrophic 2 antibody
- CMD1D antibodyCMH2 antibodyCMPD2 antibodycTnT antibodyLVNC6 antibodyMGC3889 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033864 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033865 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033866 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033867 antibodyOTTHUMP00000033870 antibodyOTTHUMP00000218095 antibodyRCM3 antibodyTNNT 2 antibodyTNNT2 antibodyTNNT2_HUMAN antibodyTnTC antibodyTroponin T cardiac muscle antibodyTroponin T type 2 (cardiac) antibodyTroponin T type 2 cardiac antibodyTroponin T, cardiac muscle antibodyTroponin T2 antibodyTroponin T2 cardiac antibody
Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody images
IHC image of Cardiac Troponin T staining in human heart formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab64623, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Immunohistochemical analysis of transverse cryosections of uninjured newt heart tissue (ventricle), staining Cardiac Troponin T with ab64623.
Sections were fixed with 4% formaldehyde and blocked with 10% swine serum. Samples were incubated with primary antibody overnight at 4°C and an AlexaFluor®488-conjugated anti-goat IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody (ab64623)
This product has been referenced in:
- Witman N et al. Recapitulation of developmental cardiogenesis governs the morphological and functional regeneration of adult newt hearts following injury. Dev Biol 354:67-76 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Newt . Read more (PubMed: 21457708) »
- Pekkanen-Mattila M et al. Spatial and temporal expression pattern of germ layer markers during human embryonic stem cell differentiation in embryoid bodies. Histochem Cell Biol 133:595-606 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20369364) »