Cardiotrophin 1 (CTF1) Human ELISA Kit (ab99996)
- Product nameCardiotrophin 1 (CTF1) Human ELISA KitSee all Cardiotrophin 1 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 20 pg/ml
- Range16.46 pg/ml - 12000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 98.2 76% - 112% Serum 132.4 120% - 142% Plasma 101.2 70% - 134%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Cardiotrophin 1 (CTF1) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Cardiotrophin 1 in serum (Human Cardiotrophin 1 concentration is pretty low in normal serum/plasma, it may not be detected in this assay), plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Cardiotrophin 1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Cardiotrophin 1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Cardiotrophin 1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Cardiotrophin 1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 600X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti-Human Cardiotrophin 1 2 vials Cardiotrophin 1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Cardiotrophin 1 Human Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionInduces cardiac myocyte hypertrophy in vitro. Binds to and activates the ILST/gp130 receptor.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, skeletal muscle, prostate and ovary. Lower levels in lung, kidney, pancreas, thymus, testis and small intestine. Little or no expression in brain, placenta, liver, spleen, colon or peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Cardiophin 1
- Cardiotrophin I
- CT 1
- CTF 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab99996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Cardiotrophin 1 (CTF1) Human ELISA Kit (ab99996)
ab99996 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.